15 12
Thread
Print

Repairing

Repairing

Since this is just the beta stage of Voyage Century, our documented knowledge of the game is rather limited.  I've been experimenting with the game's functions to figure out how things work, so here is what I've learned so far about repairing.

What is repairing and why should I use it?

As you may have noticed, almost all items have a value named Durability.  It is listed as a fraction in the form:

current durability / maximum durability

When you first get an item, the two values will be the same.  However, as you use the item the current durability will decrease.  When the current durability reaches 1, the item is broken and you can no longer use it.

To prevent this from happening, you can use the repair command.

How can I repair things?

The repair command can be found in the Interaction tab of the Command menu (Ctrl + A).  Just drag it to your hotbar, click on the icon, and you are ready to repair something.  You can repair any item that does not say unrepairable in its description by simply clicking on it (this may not be entirely true, I can't seem to repair my grappling hook even though it is not marked as unrepairable).  You can also repair your ship's sails and hull by clicking on the picture of the ship in the ship window.  Note that you have to click on the actual picture of the ship, not the picture of the sails or hull.

Once the repair process has begun, you cannot move or it will be ended.  Every ten seconds, a certain amount of the durability will be recovered.  You can stop repairing an item by trying to move.  This will bring up a dialog box that confirms your cancellation of the repair, but any durability that has already been recovered will stay.

Is there anything else I should know?

There are some other facts about repairing that are useful to know.

First of all, if you try to repair an item that you cannot make, the item will suffer a loss in maximum durability when you start repairing it.  Being able to make an item involves having the required skill and having the proper schematic.  I have personally tested this and you are still penalized if you have a high enough skill level but do not have the schematic.

The amount of durability that is recovered every ten seconds seems to be equal to your skill level in the craft used to create the item.  For example, swords are created using the Foundry skill.  So if my foundry skill is 11 and I attempt to repair a sword, it will gain 11 durability every ten seconds.  Likewise if my sewing is 5 and I repair a piece of clothing, it will gain 5 durability every ten seconds.  Repairs to your ship depend on the Shipbuilding skill.

Conclusion

That's all I have to say for now.  Hopefully this information has been of some use to you.  If you have any additional information or corrections, please post!

Is there any chance to recover the max durability of an item?

As soon as you have the ability to make the item it will regain full durability.  Also if someone else who can make the item repairs it for you it regains full durability.

Thats a very good new for me, thank you very much  

Repairing droppped items

I was hoping to find out if the medal of courage can be repaired ( durability) by anyone without reducing total durability?

I think there is a item mall item for repairing ornaments like that
Server: Magellan Name: Samuel_Magellan Noble: Baron of France Guild: Legion

I can't repair the item in its current state?

Anyone else gotten this message?  I repaired a sword I made several times with no problems, and last night, I had been using the sword, and got it down to around 1400 out of 2200 durability.  After fighting, I opened up the usual repair option, and it said "you cannot repair the item in its current state."  Huh?  I then tried repairing my clothes and my hat--same problem, and they were not as badly damaged.  Then I tried to buy a new sewing kit (inferior--that is what I had been using all along) and used it, thinking the old one was too damaged.  Still no luck.  I finally took the sword to the blacksmith, who did repair him, but I lost around 150 max durability in doing so.  Am I missing something?  Please help!

Were you standing too close to an NPC or zone point at the time?  Sometimes that hampers the repair, or if your stance is for combat, it won't repair either

[quote:04615edee4="Thora3967"]Were you standing too close to an NPC or zone point at the time?  Sometimes that hampers the repair, or if your stance is for combat, it won't repair either[/quote]

Yep that was it...thanks for the help!

I've already learned you can't repair noble title outfits, which sucks because I believe they are some of the best looking in the game, but now I'm discovering that my rewards for sea battle skillls can't be repaired either? Strangely the hats can but the outfits (ie. Male Officer Outfit) can't... is this true? If it is I think it really sucks. Its nearly impossible to find anything that can be repaired these days. I don't have very high fighting skills but does anyone know if the infantry stuff can be repaired? or is there any npc bought outfits that can be repaired, or must you learn to sew or buy from player tailors... just wondering.

15 12
Thread