Thread
Print

Ship Leveling/Upgrading

Ship Leveling/Upgrading

Hi there, my name is Frankie. I made this account over a year ago, but I never really used it. I'm starting to play Voyage Century now, but I have some questions.

• My ship says it is level 1, but my voyaging level is 18, and my sea battle is 12. How do I make the level higher so I can buy new ships?
  • Everyone is talking about "Dragon Ships" that you start out with. Is that the two sailboats that I got in the beginning?
  • I have my ships, but what/when do you recomend to rebuild them? Where should I do this?
  • (Quest Question)I am supposed to go to Crete offshore and defeat 1 wandering soul, but I can't find any! What kind of ship are they on? I am confused with the quest.

I really need help!

Thanks lots and you guys rock!

oops I forgot.
Where do you get the things needed to paint your ship?
Also when I try to paint my hull and do view, nothing happens.

oops again
How do you switch between ships? Do you dock it?

[ Last edited by fpolac0198 at 2010-4-12 19:07 ]

Hi! I think i can help with some of your questions

1. you gain voyage experience from sailing on the high seas and from discoveries that you can find on the high seas.  This also is how u level your ships maneuverability, which is needed for rebuilding exploration ships.  Sea Battle is gained by hitting and sinking other ships in combat.  You also gain miliatry equipment level, which is needed for rebuilding your ship to battleships.

2. The Dragon ships are the dragonhead gunboats that you were given at the beginning.  For those who started after the March to Glory update, they get a Caroelle sailboat, which has the same stats, but different looks.

3. If you want to rebuild your dragonhead gunboat into an exploration or merchant ship, I suggest you rebuild them into level 2 ships at the shipyard boss.  For a battleship, I recommend training leveling it until you can rebuild it to a level 5 battleship, then rebuilding at teh shipyard boss.  The shipyard boss tells you all teh materials you need to rebuild your ship.

4. The Wandering Soul is found in the Crete offshore, and it has bright red sails.  Just wait there for a couple minutes and it should spawn.

5. The things you need to repaint your ship are paints and canvas(for sails only).  Paint can be found at nearly any city's alchemist.  To make it easy, every color of paint can be  found at the alchemist in the city of Algiers.
Make sure you have all of the materials on your ship to be able to repaint your hull.

6. You dock your ship at any docker.  He gives you a list of ships you have and you switch them there.   If  the ship you are trying to switch to is not at that particular port, them you must pay a fee to transport it to that city.

Hope that answers your questions

[ Last edited by Darkside565 at 2010-4-12 16:07 ]
Recent Ratings
  • STEELES karma +9 Favorable 2010-6-16 08:03

1)   My ship says it is level 1, but my voyaging level is 18, and my sea battle is 12. How do I make the level higher so I can buy new ships?

you dont need to buy a new ship you rebuild your level 1 into a level 2, or 3 or ....
read the shipbuilding guide to understand the diferent "stats" you need leveled to rebuild each of the 3 types of ships
Ship rebuild guide: http://forum.vc.igg.com/viewthread.php?tid=14171
the updated rebuild cities are at: http://forum.vc.igg.com/viewthread.php?tid=38697

2)  Everyone is talking about "Dragon Ships" that you start out with. Is that the two sailboats that I got in the beginning?
The beginner "sailboat" that has oars (and has a dragons head and spikes out the top) is the Dragon head gunboat.

3)  I have my ships, but what/when do you recommend to rebuild them? Where should I do this?

Here are the comparison charts for the "baby dragon" (Dragon head gunboat) vs. the first 6 levels of the 3 types of ships.
The blue numbers indicate when the "regular" ship becomes better in stats than the dragon.

Charts from here: http://forum.vc.igg.com/viewthread.php?tid=32565&extra=page%3D1&page=2

4)  (Quest Question)I am supposed to go to Crete offshore and defeat 1 wandering soul, but I can't find any! What kind of ship are they on? I am confused with the quest.

They are in the OFFSHORE not Battle field.... the area you enter first before you land on Crete island

5) Where do you get the things needed to paint your ship?
I think Seville has all items as well.

6) Also when I try to paint my hull and do view, nothing happens.
If I remember correctly you can not see the color change on a dragon head gunboat... however you will see it when you rebuild your ship.

7) How do you switch between ships? Do you dock it?
yes, got to the docker and select "dock", then choose the ship you want to use.

[ Last edited by xanthian31 at 2010-6-16 11:51 ]

Jan 31 - Feb 6, Chinese Spring Festival
Jan 31, 2014 Year of the Horse begins

thanks that helped alot

one last question

why upgrade if the ship if it will make the hull and other parts of it worse?

Quote:
why upgrade if the ship if it will make the hull and other parts of it worse?
Answer:
You do not upgrade until the stats are better!  (Nothing is forcing you to "upgrade")...

3 years ago when Dragon Head Gunboats (Now Caraoelle Sailboat) were not in the game yet... a level 2 ship WAS better than a level 1 ship.

- Ele

[ Last edited by xanthian31 at 2010-4-13 14:25 ]

ty one last thing lol

sry but I must be annoying

will the other ships get better stats once you use them alot?

ty

Quote:
will the other ships get better stats once you use them a lot?
The stats shown are the base stats of the ships.
The individual ship stats do not increase with use. (Voyage, Manuverability, and Millitary Equipment will go up with your characters experience).
The main way to increase the overall ship stats is to use a figurehead.

Right now the best figurehead (for most levels of most ships) is the Navigation Star when it is fully "pimped" (upgraded from using stones - task 100? in the Langer storyline) .  Though it is possible to use IM items on all figureheads its not worth the money until the highest levels... though some still do upgrade via the guild hall.

however since the Nav star is a level 1 figurehead, it can be equipped on any ship... so raising the ship level is really what will give better stats.

Things that will also help your "ship":
shields
commander in chief certificate
certificate of overloard
oceanic fairy
thalassocrat
7 sea shield
seabattle jewlery
any item with the cannon doge stone
charms w/ sea battle stats
etc..

some of the above will give you :  extra cannon, reduced sailor damage, accuracy, reduced damage, dodge, sail damage decrease, hull damage decrease, ramming damage decrease, hull durability, sail durability, loading, square sail propulsion,  sailor amount, burn damage resistance, smoke damage resistance, storm damage resistance, cannon accuracy, ship dodge, cannon attack ....

- Ele

[ Last edited by xanthian31 at 2010-4-15 22:15 ]

ship upgrades

I dont see any advantage to rebuilding my ships untill I get high enough stats to level my ship to 10 or better. Why are they not looking at that? It makes me want to just keep my ship the way it is and abandon the story line altogether because it gets too tuff for my ship and what it can do. And yes it is almost as high as it can get.

Actually the little starter ships are tough enough to handle any storyline mission and Black Sea battlefield if you have decent seabattle jewelry.

Thread