13 12
Thread
Print

increasing reputation...

increasing reputation...

needing some help, currently lvl 59 (Baron), Treasure Hunter

- looking to gain about 22,000 reputation to reach viscount (currently 98,000 rep)...
and then beyond towards Count

been discovering, doing quests and such but seems to be slowly so far away, so my question is what is
the best approach to gaining reputation?

Buying/Finding and Authenticating treasures

I am The Speed King - I don't care what you think about me, I don't think about you at all

Finding treasures is a fun part of game but it can dry you finases ;) for more detals look at treasure guide in guide section
http://forum.vc.igg.com/viewthread.php?tid=33196

Here are the ways I used:

1. Most obvious one is buying or finding treasures and authenticating them - pretty much the fastest way to gain rep.
2. Authenticating NPC monsters (minimal reputation) - eg bear paws to auth. the bear....
3. Storyline quests (the old ones...) usually give reputation
4. Sinking pirates in BFs give reputation (minimal reputation)
5. Buying Skill titles at skill tutor - this is something many people aren't aware of but this can give you tons of reputation actually.
   You can buy titles for all skills that exist (if I'm not mistaken), the higher the skill level the higher title you can take and the
   more rep. you get (cost of titles increases accordingly).
Recent Ratings
  • STEELES karma +6 Favorable 2010-1-10 07:19

Doing all the discoveries from level 1-10 and the Adventure Alliance tasks will get you plenty of Reputation and Silver, as well as a level 10 raider. It just takes some patience and a lot of med kits!

There are also 2 Combat Ability Quests from London's Instructor that give 7000 rep each. You will need to have a weapon skill level between 21-31 to accept those though.

Carrying higher level goods through long distances will also give you a little rep, silver and exp.

It's a mixture of things really that will get your Reputation higher, just do it all
Recent Ratings
  • STEELES karma +6 Favorable 2010-1-10 07:19

Someone mentioned authenticating monsters, but often overlooked is:

1) Authenticating Shells - About 70% can be found on beaches, no fishing required... check the shell guide:
http://forum.vc.igg.com/viewthread.php?tid=25744

2) buy every title you can from the skill tutor...yes it costs but you get rep.

my other recommendations have already been mentioned... discoveries and quests.

- Ele
Recent Ratings
  • STEELES karma +6 Favorable 2010-1-10 07:18
Winter Signature Contest Dec 17-Jan 5

Reply 4# pseudocode's post

Buying Skill titles at skill tutor do not give reputation anymore

Quote:
Original posted by Siekanina at 2009-12-20 19:32
Buying Skill titles at skill tutor do not give reputation anymore
If im not wrong they still give reputation

Yes they are.. .

Hell yeah they still give rep!