21 123
Thread
Print

Professions - A players Opinion on professions and their skills

Professions - A players Opinion on professions and their skills

- If you think this is useful, please move to New Wra section

If, like me, you're having quite a bit of difficulty in deciding what professions you should choose in the new update, here's a little plan for helping you decide.

***Please note that these are only MY opinions on the professions and their skills and of course, all should be studied by yourself thoroughly, this is just a simple plan for those who are struggling to grasp the professions and a little insight into some of the best skills for each profession.***

Link to my Excel Sheet of Professions here!

Very Quick Summary:

Carribean Pirate [CP]  - Land skills not as good as EG, fairly poor Sea skills too - try to avoid IMO

Empery Guardian [EG] - Good HP boosts and weapons skills - will be the most popular profession, gives the best advantages for land PVP

Royal Military Officer [RMO] - Excellent Sea battle skills but limited land skills - sword skill only, no HP bonuses!

Treasure Hunter [TH] - Able to use mines for sea battle, good gun skills for land

Armed Businessman [AB] - Healing skills for sea and either healing or protection for land - Good for gathering and collecting alts
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Carribean Pirate [CP]

+ Karma TY

I just have smthg to add/ ,
with armed businessman, land skills. impossible do do it as u say.
U can take first aid and fast healing( thats 10 points, then u can take prior restriction and disclosure ( 4 points) so that equals 14 and for group heal u need 15 spent points, so ull need to spend one point smwhr else, and only then u can open group heal and then u have 20 spent points, which again u need to be ale to open protection.

Had to be cleared.

Reply 1# SANGUERAYNE's post

lol no wonder u think CP is lousy u do not know what skills to choose
leave out tornado and do him like louzy EG with less ponits then an EG
what the point in haveing a profesion that offeres u a uniqe skill and u don`t go for it

in a figth that takes 1 min u get to do 4 tornados if half are are critical hits that means that for 1.2k -1.5k critical u get 2 time that amount of damage

EG has a lot off HP it will take atleast 2 pirates  to tale him down and maybe both will survive because EG only has ancient strike as at first hit to do big damage (if target is fully HP - maybe he should heal target before killing it haha)... compared to pirate that will do that every 15 seconds no matter how many HP target has

If EG had tornado only and army of guns in cirle at a fair distance with pliasy cloud kill him

[ Last edited by KingAurelius at 2009-2-24 09:14 ]
Server: Columbus
IGN: KingAurelius
Guild:RumRunnerZ
Fleet: MareaNeagra
Profesion: Caribbian Pirate

What is IMO ^^
DaGama & James Cook
Burak55
FallenAngels

By all means correct me!

I have Group healing down as 10 Land points to spend on the spreadsheet, which is a mistake as according to 375HOUSE and confirmed (sort of) by this: http://forum.vc.igg.com/viewthre ... p;extra=page%3D1### - it should be 15...

Hmmm...

I didn't fully understand the "Skill point level Requirement" section so I'm glad you brought that up! I thought it meant that you had to have at least accumulated that amount of points before it opens(in which case you could've saved it till you collected another point), not to have spent that amount before it unlocks! Yikes! better go back and check the others!

My adapted AB Land skills would then be:

First Aid (5) - Active
Fast Healing (5) - Active
Prior Restriction (3) - Active
Disclosure (1) - Active
Passion(1/5)
Group Healing (5) - Active
Medical Knowledge (2/5) - Active
Protection (5) - Active
Revival Skill (1) - Active

Quote:
Original posted by SYPHER55 at 24/2/2009 09:15
What is IMO ^^
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMO

I guees in this case means < In my opinion
Server: Columbus
IGN: KingAurelius
Guild:RumRunnerZ
Fleet: MareaNeagra
Profesion: Caribbian Pirate

In reply to King:

Fair comment, it does seem odd to take a CP and ignore Tornado slash, but lets examine Tornado and Ancient Strike:

Tornado:
Multiple Targets
SP = 200
+200% damage
Cooldown: 30 secs
Other skills: Reform - brings cooldown to 15 secs

Ancient Strike:
One Target (only with full health)
SP = 100
+200% damage
Cooldown: 60 secs
Other skills: Revenge, Haleness = +4500 HP

My experience is usually that you're fighting one on one, so the multiple targets bit doesn't grab me, yes, that 15 secs cooldown is sweet, but i'd prefer that 4500 HP cushion and Ancient Strike (which I feel you might as well take EG then!)

You put forward a compelling arguement, but I still think CP is pants! lol - If the sea skills were better it might be tempting, but there are better professions out there...

by the way, IMO does stand for In My Opinion...

How to change Professional skill?

You need to do that via IM (Item Mall) Cobraster, as far as I know, there is no other way to do this! It's called a 'Rebirth Book' The description says "transfers class of the current level, after the transfer the level of original class will be remained and class stat points will be reset" - I think that means that you'll keep your profession level and all your skill points you would have accumulated at that level if you had started with the new profession, you should be able to apply them onto your new skills once you've changed.

Rebirth Book (Superior)
2500 IM points
$137.50

A VERY expensive change - if you're fairly new, i'd just make another character and bin this one!

21 123
Thread